Making the decision to start an inflatable rental business is a big deal and very exciting. The industry is booming, as more and more private party throwers and companies rent inflatable units to enhance their events.
Starting out in the business you need to research in order to competitively position your new venture in the market. There will be many other companies offering inflatable rental services so gathering as much information as possible is key.
We suggest answering this list of questions when you are performing initial research for your inflatable rental business:
- How many inflatable rental companies are within 25 miles of me? How many are within 50 miles?
- Where are the inflatable rental companies in my area advertising?
- Are the companies in my area part of a regional or national company?
- What types of inflatable products do they offer (jumpers, combo units, obstacle courses, wet/dry slides etc)?
- What is their pricing structure? Do they charge the same on weekends as they do during the week? Do they require a deposit upon booking?
- What payments do they accept? Do they offer corporate invoicing?
- Are they insured?
- Do they offer other rental products (cotton candy machines, snow-cone carts, tables and chairs, etc)? Or do they partner with other vendors?
These questions will be a good jumping off point for your initial business research and will help guide the creation of your business plan. You will also be able to decipher what marketing efforts are needed in order to infiltrate a highly impacted area.
Our team is always happy to help you navigate the initial business setup process, so don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-569-0719 or send us a message with any questions you may have.